Posts Tagged ‘Arrowhead Inn’

Comments Off on 1915: Sir Tom and Lady Alice, the Rural Police Cat and Hen of Washington Heights, Part II

In June 1912, New York City Police Commissioner Rhinelander Waldo created a new 42nd Precinct to serve the people of the rapidly developing northern tip of Manhattan. In July 1913, the 207 policemen of the 42nd Precinct packed up their gear and moved into the old Guion/Rathbone house on Haven Avenue at West 177th Street.

For Lady Alice, Sir Tom, and the men of the 42nd Precinct, life was good in the old Rathbone mansion at 177th Street and Haven Avenue in Washington Heights.